Heights Jewish Center was established in 1923, moving to our current location at the corner of Cedar and Wrenford in University Heights in 1979.
Unlike other shuls which can be labeled “modern Orthodox”, “Chassidic” or “Yeshivish”, Heights cannot be labeled because of the variety of backgrounds and minhaggim from which our members come. What our member families have in common is a commitment to Torah and mitzvos and a desire to grow spiritually.
We have a large building (fully paid for) with a beis medrash and social halls, two kitchens and a large parking lot. There is both a mechitza on the main level and a balcony in the sanctuary. The shul is located near several apartment complexes and many affordable homes.