Condolences to Edna Edelman on the passing of her brother Maksim.
We are very excited that our young Children’s Shabbos Program is up and running. Thank you to Shalva Davidovich for running the program for the last few weeks, and welcome back to Chaya Leba Winters!
As always, thank you to Rabbi Kirsch for his incomparable sharing of Torah with the older kids.
Remember – the younger group starts at 9:15 and runs until Kiddush.
Rabbi Kirsch has the older kids from 10:15 to 11:00 (or so).
The Simcha Kiddush this Shabbos is co-sponsored by:
- Rob and Jan Altshuler in honor of Shaul and Amy Borochovitz’s (Ilka’s) chai anniversary, Yasher Koach to Larry Mervine on all the work he has put in on the picnic, in appreciation to Ha Kadosh Baruch Hu for the progress Marla Lipman has made, returning home!
- Steve and Beth Baker to commemorate the Yahrzeit of Steve’s father Eliezer Dovid Ben Moshe Yehutiel. (29th Av)
- Rabbi Jason and Sandra Claude in celebration of Abigail’s 7th birthday.
- Edna Edelman in memory of her brother Maksim Z’L.
- Betty Hoffer and family Mazel Tov to Abe Pollack on his 100th Birthday
- Bob and Debby Jacob in honor of their grandson, Aharon’s, birthday.
- Danny and Ruth Jacob in honor of the birthdays of Ruth and Aharon.
- Dan Kralik Mazel Tov to YoYo and Marni on Shayna’s upcoming Bas Mitzvah.
- Martin and Marla Lipman In honor of Chaya Mendelson’s birthday and celebrating Marla’s return home.
- Larry and Barbara Mervine in honor of our 56th Wedding Anniversary. I would like to remind the congregation and friends about the shul’s picnic on August 28th. A pre- event menu is available (at a lower cost) from the office and must be completed by August 15th with payment. Come one! Come all! Enjoy the picnic and meet friends and members of our shul.
- Jeff and Melanie Muller in honor of Rivah and Shimon Schlesinger for all they do for HJC and for their friendship.
- The Setnik family, in honor of Zaki and Ariella Setnik moving to Cleveland, and Olivia Setnik for moving back to the East Side and beginning a new career with Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits Co.
- Chuck and Sandra Zeitler for a speedy recovery for Chuck’s son Chris.
This week at Shalosh Seudos I will speak about Nochum Ish GamZu, the originator of the phrase “Gam Zu LeTova”, and R’ Yaakov Leiner, the Ishbitzer Rebbe, the most important Rebbe you might never have heard of, whose yohrtzeits are both the 15th of Av. Se’udah Shlishit is sponsored by the Claude family in memory of Jason’s aunt, Gail Avidon (Nechama bas Yaakov Yosef) A”H.
Special thanks to Boris Kargilitsky for his continual enhancement of our Shalosh Seudos! Remember, sponsorships for Shalosh Seudos are available – and even on non-sponsored weeks, feel free to donate to enhance Shalosh Seudos for the Shul!The Shul Picnic is coming up, on Sunday August 28, Rosh Chodesh Elul. You should have received a number of notices by now. We look forward to the participation of the whole community. Please contact Larry Mervine at email@example.com) or 216-701-7252 if you are able to help out or if you have questions regarding the picnic.