§ Refuah Sheleimah to Rob Altshuler, Sylvia Cohen (Tzipporah Bas Malka), Shira Katz (Shira Shlima Liba Bas Leah), Simcha Meyer Liss (Simcha Meyer Ben Shimcha), and Chaya Mintz (Chaya Musha Zelda Bas Chasia Devorah).
§ Condolences to Chaya (Jenny) Mintz on the passing of her mother Helen Dorthy Nadle. Shiva is at the home of Sue Greenberg (Chaya’s sister) 23860 Greenlawn on Sunday and Monday from 2-7:30 pm.
§ Rebbetzin Davidovich’s Monday class for women will be studying Pirkei Avos from 9:30-10:30 AM at the home of Yoyo and Marni Moore 2392 Bromley.
§ Contact the office at 216-382-1958 or hjcsoffice to purchase your raffle tickets. 1 for $25.00, 2 for $40.00, 3 for $50.00 for a chance to win free membership at Heights Jewish Center for 2019. Drawing will be held Sunday, December 9th at the shul Chanukah party/carnival 12:30- 3:30 pm. See attached flyer. We are excited to be holding a community wide Chanukah Carnival. We need volunteers (adults and responsible children) to assist with booths the day of the event. Please contact Devorah Goldblatt at 216-535-9042 or Jan Altshuler at 216-712-1551 for information or to volunteer. We need your help to make this a success.
§ A singles Shabbatton at Heights Jewish Center is planned for January 25-27th. Please see revised attached flyer with new lower pricing. For more information or for volunteer opportunities please contact YoYo Moore 443.430.1548.
§ The Simcha Kiddush is sponsored by …….
· Alex and Marina Abramov, celebrating the birth of their daughter – Talia Ruth.
· Rob and Jan – happy birthday Chaya Devora Corbett. Also acknowledging Rob’s achieving the point that his glass is now half full. (Better than half empty!)
· Rabbi Jason and Sandra Claude in honor of the late 41st President of the United States, George HW Bush.
· Edna Edelman “Happy Birthday Lori”.
· Bob and Debby Jacob in honor of the Yahrzeits of their mothers Elizabeth Jacob and Elsie Mandel and in honor of the birthdays of their grandsons Avi and Dylan.
· Larry and Dianne Josefovitz belated mazel tov in honor of Rob’s retirement and in honor of Leah Kushner and Yael Tesler on their meaningful work and beautiful Kiddush for Breast and Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month in October.
· Martin and Marla Lipman wish Mazel Tov to Avramy and Yocheved Lipman on the birth of Talya Leah, and commemorate the birthdays of Yocheved Lipman and Martin Lipman.
· Mr. and Mrs. Harold Males are pleased to announce the arrival of Nachum Dov Citer. The parents are Avi and Yaffa Leah Citer Grandparents: Judy and David Citer and Micah and Penina Males.
· Yoyo, Marni, Dvora, Shayna, and Eli in loving memory of Shimon Dovid Yehoshua Ben Moshe. He is never forgotten.
· Jeff and Melanie Muller in honor of Jeff’s Birthday.
· Joel and Sharon Peerless in honor of Sharon’s Birthday and to commemorate the Yahrzeit of Sharon’s mother.
· Phylis Pomerantz in honor of Larry’s special Birthday and Larry Pomerantz in honor of Phylis putting up with him all these years.
· Alex and Betty Schnittlinger in honor of Jeff Muller’s special milestone Birthday.
· Irwin and Lorna Shulman in honor of Chaya Sara’s Birthday.
· Savta Barbara Seltzer in honor of Meir’s Birthday.
· Chuck and Sandra Zeitler in honor of granddaughter Yael’s Birthday.
Davening Times-Parshas Mikeitz
Shabbos Rosh Chodesh -Chanukah
Friday, December 7
Candle-Lighting 4:38 pm
Mincha 4:30 pm
Shabbos, December 8
Dr. Glaser memorial Parsha Shiur 8:30 am
Shacharis 9:00 am
Sof Zman Krias Shema 9:59 am
Navi Shiur 4:00 pm
Mincha 4:30 pm
Shabbos ends 5:47 pm
Sunday through Friday, November Dec 9-14
Sunday 8:00 am
Monday (Chanukah) 6:40 am
Tuesday through Friday 6:45 am
(Medrash Shiur 6:15 am)
Sunday through Thursday 4:45 pm
followed by Mishna Shiur
Friday 4:40 pm
Next Friday Candle-Lighting, December 14
Revised Singles Shabbaton flyer (2).pdf